Battles, Voting and Trophy: How the Voting Works for the Govfest Battle of the Bands
The Govfest Public Service Battle of the Bands includes performances by all the bands at stages across Ontario for the prestigious People’s Choice and Judge’s Choice Awards.
In the first round, the selection of qualifying bands at each Battle Stage to move on is based on the highest overall votes. The first place band at each Battle Stage will automatically move on to the Grand Finale, and the band with the second highest total votes will move forward to the second round of battles, called “The Knock Out Round”!
Voting includes tickets that are deposited in a band’s Ballot Box that night, as well as online voting up to the minute when voting is closed and all bands have performed. Online voting will be available on the Govfest website and will start on November 1st. The website will show a picture and short biography of each of the participating bands. Viewers can use the links to select their favourite band and purchase votes. Voting will be open for all bands until they are eliminated from the competition.
- EACH vote is $1
- Minimum of 5 votes ($5) per purchase
- Maximum of 40 votes ($40) per purchase
Voting at the Battle Stages will be available for the attendees at EACH of the shows. Battle of the bands ticket holder will use their ticket at the door to get 20 voting stubs (the bottom portion of the ticket) and an entry pass to other battle stages (the top portion of the ticket). There will be details available from the volunteers and the website about electronic voting or how to vote with the use of paper stubs in boxes available for purchase at the shows.
Attendees at EACH of the shows will be able to “buy” votes (online or paper form). Votes will be available for HALF PRICE in person at the battle stages and the knockout round.
- TWO Votes for $1
- Minimum purchase of 10 votes ($5) per purchase
- Maximum of 80 votes ($40) per purchase
Selection of qualifying bands at the Battle Stages will be based on the total number of votes (total accumulated online and at the stage):
- The band with the MOST votes (at each stage) will proceed straight to the Grand Finale Showcase on Dec 1st
- The band with the SECOND MOST votes (runner up band at each stage) will proceed to the Knockout Round on Nov 17th at the Mod Club in Toronto.
Selection of qualifying bands at the Knockout Round will be based on voting and judging:
- Knockout Round People’s Choice: The band with the MOST votes (total online and paper votes accumulated since Nov 1st.) will proceed to the Grand Finale Showcase
- Knockout Round Judge’s Choice: The band with the TOP SCORE from the Judges will proceed to Grand Finale Showcase. Criteria for Judges points will be available online for bands to review!
The Grand Finale People’s Choice and Judge’s Choice Awards: The Grand Finale will feature performances from the qualifying bands from the earlier Govfest events.
- Grand Finale People’s Choice: The band with the MOST votes (total of online and paper votes purchased at the event).
- Grand Finale Judge’s Choice: The band with the TOP SCORE from the Judges
Both People’s Choice and Judge’s Choice winners will have their band’s name engraved on The Rosemary (The Rosemary Cercone Memorial Trophy).
The Rosemary Trophy will be presented to the winning bands at the end of the Grand Finale event. The Rosemary will be kept at the offices of the winning band by arrangement with the Govfest organizing committee.