Govfest calls for musicians, artists
Govfest invites OPS musicians and artists to participate in the 10th annual event this year, in locations across Ontario.
Govfest celebrates public service, arts and music, and raises funds to support local and international communities. Over the years, Govfest has raised more than $135,000 for the United Way and Ryan’s Well Foundation.
This year’s Govfest will include a range of music performances, an art soiree, a craft beer exhibition and a gala showcase event:
- The Public Service Battle of the Bands events will take place from Oct. 27 to Nov. 18 at various venues in cities across Ontario.
- The Crafts and Craft Beer Exhibition will feature unique crafts from participating artisans and Ontario’s finest beer.
- The Wine and Art Soiree is a formal occasion to experience the best in wines and meet fabulous artists selling their works. T
- At the craft and art shows, you can bid on your favourite pieces, meet artists/artisans and vote for the world’s best beer and wines!
- The Grand Finale Showcase on Dec. 2 in Toronto will feature the best bands from the battle stages, and celebrate the best form the art and craft shows.
Why take part?
- Participating bands will perform on fully equipped stages, enjoy opportunities for professional quality recordings, pictures and video, as they compete for highly prized awards.
- Participating artists will meet new large audiences, exhibit in a professionally curated setting, auction their works, and have the chance for prizes.
Here are the details: